Why is it wrong to show Favoritism to the wealthy?
- It is inconsistent with Christ’s teachings.
- It results from evil thoughts.
- It insults people made in God’s image.
- It is a by product of selfish motives.
- It goes against the biblical definition of love.
- It shows a lack of mercy tto those less fortunate.
- It is hypocritical.
- It is a sin.
“Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?” James 2:5 NIV
“But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court?” James 2:6 NIV
“Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?” James 2:7 NIV
“If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.” James 2:8-9 NIV