J.Kwest is an emcee; an Emmy-Award winning performer; a writer and contributor to the Huffington Post, and a pastor: truly one of the good guys in Chicago hip hop. He’s also 1/2 of the group Verbal Kwest, and makes dope, refreshing music that is both inspiring and challenging…and fun. J has been featured in Rolling Out and N’Digo magazines; on Dr. Maya Angelou’s Oprah & Friends radio station and at the Children’s Defense Fund; Urban Ministries International has named him “Living Black History.” It’s time you met him.
His upcoming album, Lemonade, is a 50-minutes, 13-song storyboard about staying focused, and distractions; staying positive, and disappointments, and J’s imagination of how to respond When life gives you lemons…it is soulful, painful, funny, and – like any lemonade should be – refreshing. The album features Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright, poet J. Ivy, Soul Children of Chicago, BreevEazie, Armond WakeUp and Taelor Gray. Lemonade is available on Thanksgiving Day, November 26.
2. 15 Years Ago
3. How I Feel
4. Whatever Happened (feat. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr.)
5. I Woke Up
6. Black Man (feat. Breeveazie)
7. Don’t Push Me (feat. Soul Children of Chicago)
8. Liquor ‘N Pills
9. LivStrong (feat. J Ivy)
10. Trivial Relations
11. Coming Up for Air
12. Still Alright
13. I Woke Up (Tye Hill Remix feat. Armond Wakeup & Taelor Gray)
# # #
You can Pre-order on iTunes Here.
Connect with J. Kwest
Press & Radio contact: Josh
- 1 Reggie Rocc – D.O.P.E. feat CEEJ
- 2 Mitch Darrell – Rearrange feat. gitemjay
- 3 INTERNATIONAL SHOW drops “Undivided”
- 4 TC(The Collector) “Dusty Bible” feat. gitemjay
- 5 Profect – Beauty for Ashes – Album Alert
- 6 Survivor Q – Glory
- 7 Deshun “This Letter”
- 8 A Circle Of Faith – Walk With Me Now
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.