Taking a close and personal look at the bullying problem, “Don’t Push Me” tells a story that unfortunately is still too familiar for too many youth. Featuring the Soul Children of Chicago – a 60+ ensemble of city kids led by Dr. Walt Whitman – and produced by Hilton Wright II, J.Kwest has penned an anthem of self-affirmation and SPEAKING UP. As the stats at the end of the video remind us, 64% of kids that are bullied never say a word, and it’s changing lives.
“Don’t Push Me” is a heartfelt record that tells a true story, and the video – directed by Don Baptiste – takes us through a school to witness it all firsthand, leaving us with some jarring statistics on the bullying epidemic.
This is a record and artist worth our attention. “Don’t Push Me” comes from the album Lemonade, which is now available everywhere digitally.
J.Kwest even tells his own story of being bullied as a kid, on his website (http://jkwest.com/my-bully-story/)
Video: J.Kwest “Don’t Push Me (feat. Soul Children of Chicago)”
# # #
Connect with J. Kwest
Press & Radio contact: Josh
- 1 “The Mitch Darrell Show” with guest TC(The Collector)
- 2 YP aka Young Paul “Pick a Side” feat. Datin & RDKL
- 3 VESSEL PIECE RELEASES NEW SONG “UNDERDAWG”
- 4 Dee Black & Fee-Lo “Church Boy (feat. Jered Sanders)”
- 5 TC(The Collector) “Promise Land” Album Details + Review
- 6 Derek Minor – Stranger (feat. Roz)
- 7 Tony Tillman – All Lives Matter
- 8 GB – “Black Joy”
- 9 JT Brown – Clouds