Taking a close and personal look at the bullying problem, “Don’t Push Me” tells a story that unfortunately is still too familiar for too many youth. Featuring the Soul Children of Chicago – a 60+ ensemble of city kids led by Dr. Walt Whitman – and produced by Hilton Wright II, J.Kwest has penned an anthem of self-affirmation and SPEAKING UP. As the stats at the end of the video remind us, 64% of kids that are bullied never say a word, and it’s changing lives.
“Don’t Push Me” is a heartfelt record that tells a true story, and the video – directed by Don Baptiste – takes us through a school to witness it all firsthand, leaving us with some jarring statistics on the bullying epidemic.
This is a record and artist worth our attention. “Don’t Push Me” comes from the album Lemonade, which is now available everywhere digitally.
J.Kwest even tells his own story of being bullied as a kid, on his website (http://jkwest.com/my-bully-story/)
Video: J.Kwest “Don’t Push Me (feat. Soul Children of Chicago)”
# # #
Connect with J. Kwest
Press & Radio contact: Josh
- 1 Da’ T.R.U.T.H. – Never Fail Ft. Greg Cox + EP Details
- 2 J-Phish – Die2Live Single + EP Details
- 3 COOP DROPS SURPRISE SINGLE “PRIME”
- 4 TC(The Collector) “All God” feat. Mitch Darrell & Dezzy Yates
- 5 Datin “We Fight (Color Purple) [feat. 1K Phew & Wande]”
- 6 Mitch Darrell – Rearrange feat. gitemjay
- 7 Chris TYK – At the Table
- 8 Survivor Q “Still Surviving”
- 9 Dedge P Same God (feat. Classmaticc)
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.